Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a 36 gal tank I want to make it a salt water tank What are the basic necessity's I need to star it up?


Answers:
go to the pet store and get the special salt fot the tank, adequate filtration and heating are essential especially sine your fish will be tropicals
In order to maintain saltwater aquariums u should first READ a lot about the maintainence on the internet or find some info in Books
( journals %26 aquatic magazines), then go to the pet shop for required equipment and install the components.

The best link for info about saltwater aquariums is
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/i.
You will need a GOOD filter, a protein skimmer, a hydrometer, high quality salt mix, good lighting(specific for marine aquariums), a marine test kit(for testing water parameters), and time.
other than these things, its all about how much you want to invest.

it would be wise to buy the book, saltwater fish for dummies.

I bought it when i first started my saltwater tank, and my 2 year old could follow the steps. theres not as much to it as people make out, just have to make sure you got right equipement to begin with.

best of luck.
Totally agree with guy above me. All he forgot was a lot of money. It ain't cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment