Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a common pleco about 2.5 inches long.?

I attach a piece of zucchini onto a piece of rock and my pleco would not eat it. I know its hungry cause its always going through the tank looking for food and i have little to no algae in the tank. What should i do?
Answers:
They make Algea Wafers you can add to the tank every so often for your Pleco.
Try cucumber, all my plecos go absolutely crazy for it. They go for the inside part first, and then eat the skin.
put it in there frozen . they also like greenbeans as well . it may take him awhile to decide that it's good . also try the waffers . they are really good for them . good luck
yeah the wafers are good. I dunno about frozen zuccini, some people will tell you to parboil it but I always just put it in there with a rock and a rubber band. silly question but you did cut it in half right? like the inside part is exposed.
Here's a really good writeup for you. You're on the right track, but don't worry - he is feeding even if it looks like he/she isn't.

Best of luck to you!

http://www.aquariacentral.com/species/db.
You can try a dark green leaf of lettuce or algae wafers. Also I'll put drift wood in you tank if you don't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment