Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a beta that is going to be 6 years old this winter. What is uasual life expectancy??


Answers:
I can never see them move. Are you sure he's not already dead?
Mine lived about 4 years. But I found some info that said 2-3 years.
Bettas live an average of 2 to 3 years

I hope this helps.
Not long. I had one for 2 yrs. once and that was long. I've had many and they all drifted away relatively early on..
One or two years. So, what a beta you have!
Here is a website that can answer your question. It says that they live 3-5 years. They have more info if you need it.
mine lived to be like 4
That is pretty amazing - you must take very good care of him! Most only live 2-3 years. This is mostly because they are kept in small bowls where waste builds up quickly and stress/disease can result. They also do muchbetter around 80 degrees and most bowls aren't heated. I am willing to bet he is kept in a real tank and not a tiny bowl!
wow! an average betta's life span ranges from 2 to 4, depending on its living conditions!! i ve never heard of a betta as old as yours(mine lived to be 3 and my other one lived to be 4)! i wonder what you feed it.:)
Generally 3-5 which makes 6 years rather impresive.

No comments:

Post a Comment