Sunday, August 2, 2009

I have a beta..?

I have a Beta fish, "Junior" he is in a 5 gallon plastic tank with air because I wanted to spoil him. Now I want to know can I heat a plastic tank and if so where can I buy a heater small enough so it doesnt melt the tank?
Answers:
i have found that using a light keeps the water just as warm as using a heater.
You could buy a heater for your tank at a PetSmart near you because I did the same thing just be careful how hot and how much water is in the tank because you wouldn't want to spoil him so much that it dies.
she is right
You can get them at Wal - Mart, PetSmart, Your LFS and lots of other places. ;-) Haha, we all spoil our fish sometime! :-D
What you need is a 25 watt heater. You should be able to find them at any fish store. As long as the heater doesn't touch the sides of the tank it will not melt, or harm the tank. (Most heaters don't get hot enough to melt plastic, but repeated heating can warp/weaken plastic.) Most heater come with some sort of attachment to do this. If not you can by it at a fish store.

No comments:

Post a Comment