Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am looking for the newest & best filtration system for a 29 gallon aquarium . Any advice?

I have a traditional 29 Gallon freshwater aquarium. I would like to purchase the newest and best filtration system. Any advice? Thanks for your help..
Answers:
It really depends on what type of fish you are going to put in there.
some fish do not like strong currents. some need them.
some fish produce more waste than others.
I always recommed, if a person wants a filter system that they get one that is rated for a slightly larger tank than what they have.
I like the wet/dry filters with the waterpump and biowheel but a simple hang over the side type is fine.
I do not like the kind that uses an air pump because they are too noisy. and i never recommend the undergravel type.

Actually, if you have a planted aquarium you don't really need a filter, the bacteria that eat ammonia and nitrites live in the slime that coats the gravel, plants, decorations and the walls of the tank. and produce the nitrates that the plants need to grow. the plants in turn will produce oxygen for the fish. but i use the filter anyway because mine also powers the lights. and creates a gentle current that moves the larger pieces of waste to the filter.
I also have alge eaters and snails that hide in the foliage. and come out when the lights are off.
I love my "Whisper" filters. They run quiet and they are extremely easy to change.
Sorry, I dont understand the question.
Personally I prefer the power fileters with bio wheels such as penguin. They provide both mechanical and biological filtration.
The eclipse 3 hood is great.I think its better than a hang on the back filter because the water contact with the filter media is much higher as well as a much larger bio wheel than the equivalent "hang on back" filter. I also like it because its not so powerful that it blows the fish around :-P
Get the Ehemi filter it is the best I have every use. Try to get one size bigger that what you need. It will do wonder for you tank.
I'm in Australia and I prefer the FLUVAL fliter, comes in several sizes and highly recommended
Bio-wheel filters all the way. Penguin is made by Marineland -- the same folks who do the Eclipse tanks/hoods. They also have a discount brand (Regent?) sold through stores such as Wal-Mart which seem to be identical, at least to my eyes, to the Penguin and Eclipse lines.

Those filters are just amazing.
if u have a little money these will do the trick and i like their preformance

http://www.aquatichouse.com/filtration%2.

No comments:

Post a Comment