Thursday, July 30, 2009

I am wondering if Betta fishes bite their own tails?

The tail is normal one day and the next day it has holes. I just started it on a regimen of Melafix. The water was just changed a day ago and the tank was cleaned with hot water. I don't know if it's fin rot.
Answers:
Bettas do sometimes do that. If they are stressed or nervous they bite their tails. It might be if he is in too small of a tank. (Like a vase), or mabey the water quality is bad. Here is a website you should read: (scroll down to the dark blue reply and read what they say) http://www.aquaria.info/index.php?name=p.
I have had many Bettas - none ever bit their own tails.
well the arnt exactly dogs or something. if u have one or more in a tank they will fit each other and eat eachother.
he is trippin.. you know how they get mad when they see thier own reflection.. he turned on himself..
I think it just happens to some of them. You might also have a fish that is doing it to them.. I had an Oscar in with 3 Betta's, they split some of their fins because the Oscar kept trying to eat them

No comments:

Post a Comment