Monday, May 24, 2010

I have had 3 guppies die. they all had white stuff around the mouth? can someone help please?


Answers:
sounds like a fungal infection,clean the tank and get some antifungal treatment from your local aquarium.
Sounds like cotton.
It sounds like Ich or a fungus. You can go to the pet store and get treatment that goes in your tank. It is usually tablets or drops. Describe it to the person. If they know their stuff, they should be able to help you. It has been along time since I worked in a pet store, but I'm almost certain it is one of the two I mentioned.
Sounds very much like fin and mouth rot, you should be able to get something from you local fish place to add to the tank to treat it. I would treat the tank even though no other fish show signs. If the fish were new to the tank, or you had just added more fish, then that's a possible source of the infection. I always found it useful to treat the tank the day after adding new fish, as you don't really know the state of their health when you bought them, and the stress of moving them can make them more susceptible to disease.
I bet it looked like cotton wool. Common thing with tank fish, it's a fungus. There is this chemical you can buy where you dip them in but when I used it they still died.
Have to scrub the tank out to prevent further infection. It's because of the tap water. You can get a thing called new tank, to put in the new water to ease the stress the fish suffer from when they go into fresh water. Ideally you should leave the tank water to settle for a week before putting any fish in, in that time all the chemicals in the water would have evaporated and the fish will be safe.
I used to have 30 gold fish in a tank and gradually over time I lost all of them to this cotton wool infection. But I found a cure. I dug a pond outside and put gold fish in there. I've had that pond for 7 years now and have never lost a fish and they grow really big outside. And have added koi and other fish to the pond and all are very happy, healthy and long lived, no diseases at all.
your guppies have ick which is a fungus. they have medicine to put in the tank according to howmany gallons of water. you use this for 7 days. go to the pet store and tell them your fish have ick.
Cotton wool fungus. Your best treatment would be ESHA fungus and fin rot treatment. Check your water conditions once a week and make any changes needed. Good luck.
fin rot.
its white spot you have to treat your tank asap this will spread to the other fish and kill them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment