Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a pleco, when I purchased it with my 5 gallon tank they didn't tell me it can reach 4-12inches?

Based on the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule, I would have to get rid of my neons which I don't want to do. I prefer to return the pleco to Petco, but it's after their 15day return policy. Does anyone know who/where I can give this pleco away/any resources/adoption places or fish etc? Habitat-wise, am I correct in that it is not a good thing to put the pleco in only a 5gallon tank? I heard small tanks stunt their growth which limits their life span.
Answers:
Call the petstore and ask if they will trade the pleco for a couple of ottocinclus, they are small and will do a good job..
I run a fish department and I will always trade fish, actually I would'nt have sold you a pleco for a 5 gallon in the first place.
Flush it down the toilet. Then go hug a tree.
most fish stores will take the fish back for free but however if they dont tell them that u dont want the fish to die thats why your are asking if they would take it for free so nothing will happen to the fish since there isnt nothing wrong with the fish. they took mine back.
Whatever store sold you a pleco for a 5gallon.dont EVER go back there. There is no excuse for that.dumb salepeople.

Definalty give it back to the petstore.
Find a local pet store, not a chain store. Almost anyone will take a fish back and some will even trade or give you a credit for them. Petco employees are not normally the smartest in the world.
for a 5 gallon tank the pleco willl only grow to the size of the tank but when it does get to big for your tank then try and see if any of your friends have bigger tanks for the pleco or try and give it back to the petco and get some other pleco that don't grow big .

No comments:

Post a Comment