Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a fish that looks like an Oranda but his red head is not developed at all. Is this a different type?

Do I need to feed him something special? He is a good size and healthy. I have had him for one year and he was maybe only an inch or two when I got him so he has grown. His head is smooth and flat with no folds at all.
Answers:
if his head is red and it slops, but the body looks like an oranda, it's probably a red and white ryuken. The are very similar. He will get about 12-24 insches just like the red cap oranda(what you were refering to) and will eat the same food.
Just some fun info, give him some orange slices, romane or red leaf lettuce, or peas. They love to get treats once in a while. I have koi and fantail. They love their treats.
It could be a fantail.
http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/ftypes.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment