Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a pet sting ray and he often jumps out ?

I have a large aqauruim and I have a sting ray which has a tendancy of jumping out of his tank I know sting rays grow very big but where would I need to bring him if he is to big for his tank?
Answers:
You could donate him to your local zoo when that happens. As far as his jumping out, cover the tank with an egg crate (egg crate is the white plastic fluorescent lighting diffuser that is divided into 陆 by 陆 inch squares. This is available from most hardware and /or electrical supply stores).
A
oh my goodness! thats sooo scary. get rid of him, u might die!!
put him in your spa. I hear they make great exfoliants..
If this is a freshwater ray then there is no way to release him into the ocean. I have a guy who just recently acquired a Freshwater Stingray, and the thing is beyond cool.

Just depending how large your tank is and how big the Ray is you may need to seek out one of your local schools which specializes in marine biology (even if it's a freshwater Ray they will still take care of him/her).

Good luck
What breed of stingray are you keeping?
Is it a freshwater or saltwater one?
Can you define large aquarium? If it is a freshwater ray, you will need a tank that is at least 5'(L) x 3'(B) x 2'(H) to accomodate a ray comfortably.

It's best to keep your aquarium covered because stingrays loves to do what I call "glass sliding" and if your water level is too high it can slide out of the tank.
put it back in the wild.
Gosh. You have a pet stingray? You better beware! The case on the crocodile hunter is terrifying and I encourage yout to seriously consider giving to the zoo instead of risking your life. Its not worst keeping sting ray as a pet.
I can't believe you have a STRING RAY for a pet..do you have a death wish.didn't you hear what happened to Steve Irwin..
Put him back in the ocean where he belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment