Monday, May 24, 2010

I have just bought a tank. It has been set up for 3 days. I did everything I was told to do,?

BUT THE WATER IS STILL CLOUDY,,,SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
Answers:
Are there fish in it?

Here's the best link I have to read up on your bio-cycle.

http://faq.thekrib.com/begin-cycling.htm.

Here's another page with several articles dealing with aquarium basics.

http://www.petfish.net/kb/6/
Do you have a filter? If not you need one. If you already have one, check it's working properly.
Your tank is still cycling, and you probably have an ammonia/nitrite problem. When the good bacteria establishes itself in your tank it will hopefully settle down for you. Good luck with your fishies. :)
You need to leave it a bit longer. It will clear. I presume you have some plants in it if not get some. It would be a good idea to by a filter if you intend to keep more fish that the amount of water can support. otherwise you don't need too.
I like to do everything naturally with no quemicals. but . last time I set up a tank I got anxious and used this liquid called. "clear water" I bought it in petsmart and its from the TopFin trademark. cost me less than three bucks.

It worked excellent!!. In about 15 - 30 minutes my water was sparkling clear and my fish did not get affected at all..

You should give it a try its great. .. there are other trademarks that have the same product.. I'm pretty sure it should work the same..
sounds like "new tank syndrome". Reduce the amount of feeding, turn off the lights and add a live bacterial culture. Only change 25% of the water if you loose any fish. if none die do not change the water. everything should clear up in 7 to 10 days.
You have just started the cycle. It will clear up. Put some hardy fish like gold fish (freshwater) or damsels (saltwater) in there to kick start the cycle. The tank will go through high ammonia levels and then nitrites then nitrates. Once your nitrates go down (you may never go to zero with nitrates) your tank has completed the cycle and you can move on to more delicate fish. definitely invest in a test kit either saltwater or freshwater which ever you have your tank set up as. Either way research refugiums they are fantastic.
Hi there,

I met this problem as well when i first bought myself a tank about 10 years ago. I did find out the solutions for this problem.

There is few thing you would like to look in to it.

1. Sand
Have you wash your sand properly? Those small tiny sand will be cycle with your filter pressure if you din wash it properly. And this will cause the tank to be cloudy and milky.

2. Filter
I think the filter will not be the problem but the sponge inside the filter. If you are using low quality sponge, i recommend you to wash it before you put in the filter, or else the so call "dust" in the sponge will cause that problem.

3. You can try on some medicine for clearing water from any fish shop. They do sell this for fish keeper. But i suggesy you look in to the things i state on top there ya.

Anyway, i'm happy to share everything with fish keeper, good luck to you ya, if stil have any problem on that, just past your comment, see ya^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment