Saturday, May 22, 2010

I have a small 2.5 gallon minibow aquarium.?

I have 1 small male betta and 2 small sunset platies in it. Do you think I could fit anymore small platies in it? Right now I have a filter, and the water temp ranges from 73-78 mostly. Could I try to squeeze in a few more fish?
Answers:
The rule for freshwater is one inch of fish per gallon. You already have at least 2 inches just from the betta, and several more from the platies. I wouldn't put more in it, but that's just my opinion. Besides, platies tend to multiply.
In my opinion, no. It would be overcrowded and make them pick on one another.and the filter wouldn't handle the situation of so many fish..
Nope, sorry. You have reached your fishy limit. Actually, it's already a little crowded.
Cheers.
i would not suggest it. if it was only the platies then i would say yes. but not with the beta. it will end up feeling crowded and will either attack the others or 'hide' in a corner till it dies from stress.
good luck.
The rule of thumb for fish in an aquarium is 1 inch of fish per gallon of water.
It sounds like you have enough in already.
NO!! NO!! NO MORE FISH!! THAT'S ENOUGH! YOUR FISH WILL THANK YOU!!
Rule of thumb 1" of fish per gallon of water. Less is better. You are maxed out.
nope, get a 10 or a 15 gallon and u can alot put more fish in there
That is too small for three fish. You need a 5.5 gallon for the fish that you have, a ten gallon if you want to add more
A

No comments:

Post a Comment